Sandra's training includes knowledge from her extensive rehabilitation background, fascial stretch therapy, kinesiology taping, personal training, corrective exercise, and postural assessments. She graduated with Associate of Science degrees in Exercise Science and Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) and her Bachelor degree in the Physical Therapist Assistant. Sandra is both a Level 3 Medical and Level 3 Fitness Certified Fascial Stretch Specialist making her one of fewer than 100 people in the world to receive this level of training in Fascial Stretch TherapyTM.
Sandra's work experience includes physical therapy inpatient, outpatient, acute, subacute and clinical research settings. In addition, athletic training facilities, Crossfit gyms, and collegiate campuses. Her training has included 140 hands-on hours with the Stretch to Win Institute in Arizona and 680 clinical hours for rehabilitation. Her background as a skating coach of 20 years on ice and 15 years of off-ice conditioning, including Olympic ice dance team representing Ukraine, Team USA and world silver medalists Skyliners Synchronized Skating team. She is also a member of the U.S. Sports Science and Medicine Committee for figure skating and a laboratory professor teaching therapeutic exercise at Norwalk Community College.
Sandra has enjoyed an athletic career as a national competitor as a synchronized skater and former NFL professional cheerleader with the Buffalo Bills. She enjoys bike riding and spending time with her family.
Sandra holds qualifications and credentials in:
- State of Connecticut Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant since 2014
- State of New York Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant since 2014
- Level 3 Medical Certified Fascial Stretch Specialist™
- Level 3 Fitness Certified Fascial Stretch Specialist™
- ACSM American College of Sports Medicine Certified Personal trainer since 2009
- Member of U.S. Sports Science and Medical Committee
- Norwalk Community College PTA Advisory Board member